Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ren Ci Charity show 2010

A recent television highlight called "Ren Ci Charity Show" casted yesterday on channel 8. An annual event to raised fund for the needy patients warded in Ren Ci hospital. The fund will be used to waive up the extravagant healthcare cost and treatment bill of the patient. So that they can receive quality care and a better environment for them to get heal. Many of the patients are from low-wage family. Hence, they couldn't afford to pay for the bills, due to their current financial burden. With this fund-raising event, their hospitalization bill will be fully subsidise for a period of two years. In the long run many of the patients can enjoy free health care cost and services. The event's goal for this year is to collect $4,000,000. Every call are priced from $5 to above $30, depending on individual preference. Anyone under 18 have to get their family consent before dialling the numbers. While fixating my eye on the television ,I actually Prime minister Lee Hsieng Loong together with his wife Ho Ching sitting for the front seats, looking intently at the stage performance. Lately celebrity stars both local and foreign came to be part of the event. One of them is a hong kong most renowned singer, singing a great song for the throng of audience to hear. His irresistible nice voice was so concise and hearting moving especially during the last line of the song. Of course there are other great events on the go, to save time I only name you a few of it. Nancy sit herself was a comedian, I like her elegance outfit looking perfectly glamorous when wore on her body. I am loving every minute of the 3 hours extensive footage. But I never got to watch it myself at the venue, where the event take place. Only to sit on the sideline watching it at home. Anyway, I have make a Small donation of $5, hoping that this will bring about greater change in the life of the patients. As personally for me, we should be thankful to be the fortunate one, able-bodied, who are born to be healthy. Unlike the unfortunate who are suffering at the hand of diseases, paralyze on bed, required long-term medical treatment. I believe thy hate to be in a state of helplessness, and needed to be taken care by day in day up. It the cruel fate which changed their lives, not that they wanted to be like this. No matter how ill they are, they still continue to persevere in their pursue of a better life. Similarly, this year I did quite badly for my O level exam, eventually I can't even make it to poly-technic. This was a great blow for me, I feel like dying. But I tell myself to stand up from wherever I fall. Because I don't want to give up, even though that day I was so distraught and infuriated over the results. As failure won't follow you for life, give yourself a second try, or you never know how well you can get. From this show I draw hope from the unfortunate and tell myself it is still not late to retake my O level exam. In this second try I will strive for the best, practice to make perfect, and revise all the subject I intend to retake once again. There nothing called impossible in my dictionary.

No comments: