Thursday, March 19, 2009
The terribly wrecked merlion stoneworks
The new had broad-cast in details that the merlion statue got a conspicuous crack on the centre-butt. I personally was a big fan of merlion been to wonder what had gone wrong to it, as years as I could remember the statue had been for more than a decade , experts said there wasn't any defect or fragile parts. They said I might happen to be because of the torrentially bad rainy weather and a struck of lightning which cause the crack. So many tourist visitors and by-standers each got different views toward after looking at the incredulous sight. Some think it symbolizes bad omen, especially since this is an economically downturn year for Singapore. They authorities had yet to send some repairman to do a thorough check, also to come out with some alternative solutions to prevent such an incident from happening in the near future. Moreover, precautionary measures are put in place to ensure the public' safety. While many of us said it all happen during a fortnight whereby the rain was at its maximum. I think they may need to install lightning conductor to resist the impact of the lightning. For the time being, I think these symbolize the arrival of more inflations and economic downturn. But I will pray for the country safe and prosperity. In contrary, I just hope everyone can help a play a part in ensuring Singapore stability and economic goodwill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment